Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2015

15-09-12 PHOTOS: MFL FML

If you don't get the title today I'm covering SEPTA's Market-Frankford Line backwards and forwards. Despite being based in Philly, I had never bothered to really take the time to record a railfan window video of the entire MFL one so I figured I might as well get it out of the way in both directions all at once. The videos are of the type that allowed me to edit out all the dwell time so that's a plus. I also took photos and you can find them all right here.

We begin with PATCO car #296 making a station stop at Haddonfield. No, it doesn't have PENNSYLVANIA written on the side, but with the rebuilt cars entering service I can no longer ignore the old ladies.


Speak of the Devil, #1028 seen approaching Ferry Ave.


On weekends PATCO was single tracking over the Ben Franklin Bridge with the eastbound track out of service. Due to a dispatching SNAFU, an eastbound train was sent past the 12th St crossover. This was a problem because the 8th Street interlocking only allows trailing crossover movements and thus required a rare sawback maneuver into the 8th Street pocket track. With a supervisor in the rear cab position the train pulled into the pocket, reversed out of the pocket then proceeded westbound. This video shows the last of those three maneuvers including the US&S A-5 pneumatic throwing and the signal displaying a proceed indication.



The next stop was the Frankford Terminal where I found MFL cars #1086, 1187 and 1173.




Preparing for departure a caught #1109 at the head of a train as it entered the Bridge St interlocking.


Here we are passing car #1083 on the Market St Elevated.


At 69th Street Terminal I found that the Rts 101/102 loading area had gotten a lot more airy. Good for photographs, bad for avoiding the elements. SEPTA K-car #115 signed for Route 102.



K-Car #118 departing for Media.


K-car #114 was waiting on one of the two tracks that lead down to the suburban trolley yard.


Thanks to the hole in the wall I could take photos of trains climbing the loop from the Rt 101/102 departure platform. At least temporarily

So am I going to save the much hyped MFL videos for a separate post? Nah, here they are!

The first shows Frankford Terminal to 69th St. At 4:30 I catch an eastbound CSX freight on the Delair Branch with CSX ES44AH #879 and SD50 #8520.



Here is 69th St to Frankford Terminal. For some reason this direction ran nearly 4 minutes faster.



Well that's all I have for today. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment