Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2021

21-12-26 VIDEOS: R32 Holiday Tribute

This post is a companion to the previous photo post covering the use of R32 cars on the 2021 NYCTA Holiday Train. This will contain all of the associated video content I recorded on this trip.

We begin with the Holiday Train pulling into the 2nd Ave station express tracks with #3360 leading, visually modified to resemble its 1964 appearance.



Because of the crowding in the lead car, I decided to settle for the reverse view. I also had to use an extension wand to place my camera against the railfan window due to a Covid safety theatre rope that kept people away from the cab area. Because the run was pretty much all express, I was able to get it in one 25 minute take starting at Broadway-Lafayette and continuing to the terminus of the run at 145th St. The train was running as a 'D' train via a 6 Avenue express routing.



Here is the return video in the #3894 car starting at 125th St and continuing on to the 2nd Ave terminus of the run.



After most of another complete round trip, I decided to bail out at W 4th St and get back to Penn Station. Here is the rear view from 34th St on the 6th Ave to W 4th.



I'll wrap things up with one more video I caught at Hamilton after returning from NYC. I managed to catch part of a three way meet between my train with NJT ALP-46 #4635, Amtrak ACS-86 #605 on southbound Silver Star Train 91 and a northbound Acela Express. The commuter train unfortunately blocked out most of the Acela, but managed to move just before Train 91 passed by.



Well that's it for the videos, I'll have even more for the R32 retirement run however before that will be SEPTA Mid-Winter Trip XXI.

No comments:

Post a Comment