Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2019

19-12-22 VIDEOS: Nostalgia 145th St

Here is the video followup to the still photos I took during last year's NYC Transit Museum Holiday Nostalgia Train service to 145th St on the 8th Ave Line.

We start out at the Hamilton, NJT station where a light overnight frost has turned Amtrak Train 89, the southbound Palmetto, into a 125mph sparkler The Amtrak passed at the same time as the 7:03am NJT local to New York Penn Station with split level cab car #7001 leading. The camera work was a little iffy as I was looking over my shoulder to not miss the approaching Train 89 and also not get my shot blocked by the local.



En route to West 4th St via the PATH I found C trains were running express from Canal to 59th St I was able to get a railfan window video of the short run between Canal and West 4th.



Pulling a George Costanza to get my camera on the front window, the northbound run comes in two parts, 2nd Ave to 59th St on an express F routing and then 59th St to 145th St on an express A routing.





And here we have the reverse run, 145th to 7th Ave and then 7th Ave to Second Ave, both express to maintain the 45 minute schedule.





Always wanting more I hung out with Koi at the less competitive rear window between 2nd Ave and 59th St. I make the less optimal rear facing point of view more entertaining with lively commentary xD



I'll finish things up with another short clip of an R32 departing 34th St Penn Station on a southbound C routing.



Hope you enjoyed the videos. Next up, SEPTA Mid-Winter Trip XIX.

No comments:

Post a Comment