Search This Blog

Monday, July 3, 2023

23-07-03 VIDEOS: Main Line 562

In addition to still photographs, the rear window on the Pennsylvanian also allows for video. I had been able to capture quite a lot of westbound footage on previous journeys, but this would be the first time heading eastbound that I did not have my view blocked by a private car. Because the line has been re-signaled I didn't have a ton of pressure to max out my video capacity so I focused on the east and west slopes of the Allegheny Summit as well as the last mile heading across the Susquehanna River and into Harrisburg.

Starting off at Pittsburgh Penn Station. my eastbound Train 42 was ready to depart with a Slow Approach displayed on CP-PITT's 2E-2 dwarf signal as the dispatcher had elected not to display at CP-EAST PITT until the train actually got moving.



Next up is the money reel covering the complete trip over the PRR Allegheny Summit from CP-SO in South Fork to the Amtrak station in Altoona over the world famous Horseshoe Curve. The trip also includes CP-W, CP-MO, CP-UN, CP-MG and CP-ALTOONA as well as the PRR Main Line Summit at Galitzin (17:30) and the subsequent Allegheny Tunnel.



As the 3-track raceway from Altoona to Tyrone is mostly 80mph and covers the famed Altoona Works, and also because I had botched a previous video on this segment, I kept the camera running. This covers CP-WORKS, CP-HOMER, CP-ANTIS and CP-GRAY. Unfortunately the iconic signal bridges at Fostoria and Tipton are no longer present.



Due to rain, for the next couple hours I relaxed at my seat, but got this quick video racing traffic on the adjacent US Highway 322 at PRR Main Line milepost 200.



Finally I wanted some video of the last few miles headed into Harrisburg . Starting at the old PRR Duncannon, PA station, the video includes CP-CANNON, CP-BANKS, CP-MARY, the Rockville Bridge, CP-ROCKVILLE, the Harrisburg fuel pad and finally CP-HARRIS.



Well I hope you enjoyed both the photos and videos. I'll be back shortly with a VRE trip to Fredericksburg, VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment