Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2022

22-11-27 PHOTOS: Thanksgiving Leftovers

As discussed in my previous post on Amtrak Thanksgiving Wednesday, despite the surge in post-COVID travel, Amtrak did little to increase post-Thanksgiving capacity on the Northeast Corridor with zero scheduled extra trains and little in the way of extra equipment. To make matters worse, weather on Thanksgiving Sunday was absolutely miserable with a cold drizzle disrupting photography in a myriad of ways. Nevertheless I was not about to end my streaks of Thanksgiving Sunday NEC photos and I therefore drove down to the Halethorpe MARC station to see what would show up in the early afternoon and the resulting set of photos can be found here ( mirror ).

The only real "surprise" of the day took place before I was even able to get trackside at Halethorpe with a westbound CSX freight train parked short of ST DENNIS interlocking with AC4400 #294 and ES44AH and #3189 leading.


Down at Halethorpe the first Amtrak train to appear was southbound Silver Star train 91 led by ACS-86 #660.


Following that was a northbound Regional pulled by ACS-86 #655.


Next it was time for a southbound MARC local led by cab car #8059 and propelled by MP36PH-3C #17.



Following the MARC local was northbound Crescent Train 20 with ACS-86 #648.



After Train 20 was the northbound MARC local with MP36PH-3C #11, Bike Car #7721 and Kawasaki cab car #7856.



Following the MARC was a northbound Amtrak Regional led by ACS-86 #654. This would likely pass the MARC local at West Baltimore.


As the rain increased I tried shooting video as the stills were getting blurred by the rain. Here is Amtrak ACS-86 #653 leading a southbound Regional.



After the Regional I bagged my only Acela of the session, a northbound with power cars #2035 and #2039. I had previously encountered this set 4 days prior on Thanksgiving Wednesday near Torresdale, PA.



Due to the deteriorating weather conditions and lack of any special equipment to look forward to I decided to make my exit. I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving holiday. Here is another video of a northbound Acela with power cars #2007 and #2028 at the BWI Airport Station.




No comments:

Post a Comment