Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

20-03-04 PHOTOS: DC Wildlife

In March of 2020, before all the COVID cancellations set in, I was able to attend one last event Downtown DC resulting in the typical mix of MARC and Metro photos. Shortly there after I had to venture back into the district to pick up a power washer allowing me to get some photos of the DC Streetcar on the H Street Corridor. In addition to these, working from home provided me with additional oppurtunities to photograph wildlife in my backyard. All in all its a rather short set today, but you can see all the photos here ( mirror ).

Kicking things off with MARC Kab Kar #7852 at the BWI Airport Rail Station. 

 


MARC II single level coaches #7759 and #7761 at Washington Union Station.


Northbound Green Line train with 7k cars at Gallery Place.


Green Line 7k trains passing at Mt Vernon.



Movement between MARC HHP-8 #4915 and the first split-level coach as the evening express train approaches Halethorpe.





MARC HHP-8 #4915 at Halethorpe.


When I eventually rolled into DC via automobile, I believe that only DC Streetcar #101 was in operation, seen here at Oklahoma Ave, shuttling back and forth.


I caught #101 again at 10th St after it turned back towards Union Station at the Stadium terminus.


While stuck at home, I saw this mockingbird gathering up moss for her next.


I also discovered that the source of some seagull-like noises was in fact a resident Red Shouldered Hawk.


Of course the star of my back yard was Mamafox, who had returned to my shed to raise another litter of kits. When I saw her carrying a strange brown bundle, I figured it was a kill, but upon closer review it turned out to be one of the kits that she was relocating to a different den site!


She dumped him off in a stand of bamboo where I was able to get up close and personal with my DSLR.


He was making baby fox calls, which are almost as obnoxious as the adult fox calls. Note the little fox teef!


Awwwww!


Well that's it for March of 2020. Join me next time as I scramble for content at the locally available Thomas Viaduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment