Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2018

18-12-23 VIDEOS: West Side Nostalgia

With the Nostalgia Train providing a rare Railfan Window View on a part of the NYC Subway that I had yet to video, I came planning to once again set up my GoPro on the front window and let technology do the work.  Well turns out I had a bit of a problem in that when I replaced my suction mount I forgot that it didn't come with a new screw attachment for the GoPro rendering the whole thing useless.  Fortunately I had also remembered to bring my magic camera wand so I would have to make do hand holding the GoPro against the front window while standing three feed back.  Not a fun time, but I managed to make it work.  You can find Part 1 with the still photos here.


We begin as always at 2nd Ave on the (F) and will travel on an (M) 6th Ave local routing to Rockefeller Center. Again I want to apologize in advance for the lower quality video.  Hopefully I will be able to stage a re-shoot in 2019.



The rare mileage begins at Rockefeller Center as our train takes a (D) routing that will lead it up Central Park West to 125th St on an express run.  It's a shame that the train did not run all the way to 145th :-(




Unfortunately on the return trip I got mixed up and cut the video at 59th St.  Still a nice 8th Ave express run between 125th and 59th.



It was becoming such a pain to film this way that by Rockefeller Center I was fed up and decided to just stop filing seeing as I already had multiple Nostlgia Train head end videos on the 6th Ave Line between there and 2nd Ave. Then, just my luck the train went express robbing me of the chance to video the Express F tunnels :-(



Well there you have it.  Head end videos from the 2018 NYCTA Holiday Nostalgia Train on an D(?) routing between 2nd Ave and 125th St.

No comments:

Post a Comment