Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

08-05-01 PHOTOS: Fenway PCC

This next set dates back from May 1 08 where I took a trip to Boston for a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. That didn't end so well losing 3-0 to the Blue Jays, one of only a handful of losses at home that year, but my excursion out to see the PCC's on the Mattapan Line . There are also some other random shots from my trip up the corridor and a bunch of photos taken at Fenway Park

Well that was a pretty easy writeup, I guess I can just cut to the showcase. If you want to sort through the whole batch as always you can hit them up at this location.

First up is LIRR protect engine MP-15 #102 at HAROLD. It's ironic that they put the Dashing Dan logo on the engine whose job it is to rescue broken down LIRR commuter trains.


 Close up up the west home signal gantry on the eastbound tracks for HAROLD interlocking. 


Looks like somebody stole the Penn Central GREEN sign off of the old SS28 tower in Greenwitch.


This was right before the Thames River Bridge in New London was replaced so I got a side window video of the old structure.


  

 When I eventually arrived at that Ashmont station it appeared that someone at the MBTA decided to be spiteful and demolished the old tower located there. Here an 1800 trainset waits to return to service looking past where the old tower used to be.


A PCC quickly arrived and off we went on the brand new loop.




Here's an opposing #3268 PCC loading passengers at Central Ave.



We went all the way out to Mattapan, it was my first trip out there since they demolished the Trolley Barn.




At least this time nobody bitched at me for taking pictures. I also noticed that the Mattapn PCC's no longer use resilient wheels. Here is #3263.


I'm sure a Bus Fan will be able to tell me what this lame rubber wheeled vehicle is hogging the shot with PCC 3262.


I'll have to say the logo they use on the PCC's is pretty nifty.


On the return trip they weren't collecting fares we took a stop off at Valley Road and waited a headway. The RoW is absolutely gorgeous there, especially with the new leaves on the trees.



Is it just me or does that sign font look like the Penn Central Font, just without italics. 


Back at Ashmont I had a look at the modern interpretation of old school trolley wire construction.


While we waited another headway for the additional photos and video.





After that it was on to Fenway Park where I took some pics of such Red Sox icons as the red seat...



 Big Pappy...


The Green Monster...


And Manny looking bored. 


Anyway, I should have some more photos up soon of a New York Subway related nature so keep a look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment