For some reason the set kicks off with this photo of Baltimore Light Rail LRV #5036 at the BWI Business Park station. Not sure how I got down there, but I guess I did!
From there I rode up to Hamburg St station, which is adjacent to the Raven's Stadium and only used to be open on game days before opening full time. From Hamburg I walked down to the Leadenhall St grade crossing on the Locust Point branch apex of Bailey's Wye. Someone had parked a second generation Mercury Comet under a cantilever type grade crossing signal which seemed to be about the same vintage as the car.
I managed to catch a meet between two opposing Baltimore Light Rail LRV's on the Bailey's Wye flyover. This location would have been across the street from the old Baltimore city animal rescue center, which was later bulldozed for a Top Golf.
This bit of street running south of Warner St was possibly still in service as the first China shock had not quite set in for urban manufacturing. In the 2010's the far end of Warner St visible in this picture would wind up being cut to make way for a casino with the rest of the street running about the same time.
CSX #8737, a former Conrail SD60I, crosses under the eastbound B&O CPL signal bridge at BAILEY interlocking with former UP SD40-2 lease unit #5869 behind. It is hauling a mostly solid train of New York City municipal waste cubes.
While walking past the Raven's Stadium I managed to catch an eastbound CSX freight en-route to the Howard St Tunnel with a pair of CSX SD50's, #8528 and #8513, in the YN2 paint scheme leading. Unit #8513 in particular was part of the last batch of locomotives ordered by the L&NN railroad.
Because this was a Monday, a MARC train was laying over at the Camden Station terminal adjacent to MLB's Camden Yards and the Baltimore Convention Centre. The train of single level stock featured GP40WH-2 #62.
Like I said, this was a short set. It's interesting just how much has changed even from 2004.











No comments:
Post a Comment